Ankylosing Spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory version of arthritis that can make life difficult and troublesome any day. The worst part is that unlike normal arthritis it targets people at a young age, especially in their 20s and 30s. Therefore, it is essential to take all precautions and required measures to control its effects and help patients find some relief from the debilitating pain caused by this condition. It doesn’t matter if you are undergoing homoeopathic, contemporary or Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment in Ayurveda.
List of Precautionary Measures in Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment in Ayurveda
- The first and foremost thing you can do is to follow the doctor’s instructions to the word. It is not a common disease therefore, it might be a good idea to listen to your doctor and not use any internet or WhatsApp forwarded knowledge in this matter. If your doctor is suggesting physiotherapy or Panchkarma therapy in case of Ayurveda, you mustn’t delay it. In case of modern medicine, your doctor may prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or some kind of strong medication to suppress the pain. Make sure you stick to the advised treatment plan and visit the doctor for scheduled sessions.
- If the Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment in Ayurveda is having any kind of side effects, you must discuss it with your doctor. It is a common case with allopathic medicines where biologics and other pain suppressants are used to ease the pain. But strong medications also come with their own effects and sometimes they lead to skin dryness, mouth ulcers, poor digestion, hair fall, blurry vision, redness of the eyes, pain in other parts of the body and other such symptoms. Let your doctor know about whatever you experiencing and get the medication modified on time.
- If you are on any other kind of medication do let your doctor know. It is especially advised for people with diabetes, PCOS, liver issues, kidney issues, and other such problems. Whatever is your condition, if you have any health condition that needs you to be on some kind of medication, you must inform your doctor about it before they prepare your prescription. It will help you prevent any kind of complication or health issue that may arise due to the unwanted mixing of medication. Also, if you are taking different pathies you must inform your doctor. For example, if you are going for Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment in Ayurveda but you are already taking allopathic medication for some other problem do inform your doctor about it. It is never a good idea to take medication from two different streams of medicine. So try to stick to a single type of medication either go for Ayurvedic medication or allopathy medication altogether.
- Patience is one of the most important things advised by doctors all over the world. Medicines are like exercise, they take their own time in rectify a given problem. Also, the effect of medicine varies from person to person therefore; one person may find relief within 3-4 days of medication while others may find similar effects after a week. What’s important is to keep your faith in the doctor or treatment plan you prescribed rather than changing the doctors frequently.
- Along with therapies and medication, it is equally important to maintain a healthy diet. Focus on a higher intake of anti-inflammatory edibles that ease the effects of AS naturally and moderate the ill effects of strong medication. Keep your diet high on fibrous fruits and veggies and avoid any kind of heavy, spicy, or deep-fried edibles.
- Make sure you do some form of exercise regularly, it will keep your muscles flexible and joints supple. Being a couch potato will just increase the complications and stiffness leading to worsening of your condition. We are not suggesting extreme commando training but you can always do some deep breathing exercises (pranayama), simple basic physical training movements, relaxing asanas using support and if nothing then simple walking. Go for a 20-minute walk every morning and evening and slowly increase the duration as you get more and more comfortable with it. You will see a visible difference in your condition within a week. So, the key is to keep moving and sticking to the treatment plan.
This article cannot be re-published without permission.