Posting rules

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by msuccess, Nov 19, 2014. Replies: 14 | Views: 4171

1. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Posting rules can be found at http://www.personal-development.com/community/help/terms or click on "Terms and Rules" in the lower right corner.

An important section is this:

Advertising links in the signature are only allowed for forum members who are clearly making an effort to participate in the forum. If you are here to solely to advertise, don't waste your time as you will be banned and your posts removed. Same goes for trying to sneak in affiliate or SEO links in your postings. The best way to advertise your website or services is to prove to the members you are worth listening to by your postings and participation.

First time postings by new members which includes a link may be held for moderation, to avoid spam. Be patient for the post to appear or send me a message. If you're uncertain about the rules, contact me.

A good rule of thumb for this forum and any other- it's a reciprocal situation. If you're contributing to the forums, you're welcome to offer products or services in your signature area. It's also a good way to encourage someone to do business with you by allowing them to know you better.

Additionally- depending on the subject line and content, your post may end up in the page 1 Google search results. We also automatically send out a Tweet link to the post. It's a great way to gain visibility and interest, however as many say- to sell the product, you must first sell yourself!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

2. msuccess

I want to clarify the forum rules. It says Advertising links in the signature. Not advertising links in the body. If you want to mention your website then refer visitors to your standard signature line. It doesn't matter if the link isn't selling something, just trying to bring visitors to your website/blog, etc. is considered advertising. I'll make exceptions once in awhile depending on your history as a forum participant but each link is subject to removal and a warning.

I do this in everyone's best interest. If one does it then everyone should be able to do it. Next thing you know the forum is full of ads and links and banned in Google for appearing a spammy advertising site. Rules like this is why this site is #1 in Google for the phrase "personal development forums" and other terms and it's best to keep it that way for benefit of all.

Exception- If you're a real participant then you're allowed one post in Special Offers and Promotions where you can have some links in the body. You can update that post periodically if you want to change what it says, not post a new one.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    How do you type something in the signature rather than the body? I don't see a signature symbol on the bar above.

Pratima likes this.
  4. msuccess

Hi Todd, you click on your userid in the upper right, and then click on the "signature" link on the lower left of the screen shot below. Whatever you put in there will then appear at the bottom of all your posts. If you don't have a website you want to share with people then maybe a favorite quote or something, up to you :). There's various other things you can do in there within that drop down menu.

upload_2015-2-24_22-51-45.png

5. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    Thanks.

6. The Gannon Project

The Gannon Project Member

Professional Golfer- Internet Marketer
    Gday MSuccess,
    I am a very new member and very new to forums, I have a mentor that has given me the heads up in a video as to how to act and behave in these types of forums this is the first one i have joined and I'm looking forward to participate and add value. Good on ya mate....Steve

Marvin Tampus, Todd Hicks and Pratima like this.
  7. msuccess

I see I need another rule, no huge signature areas with giant ads. 5 or 6 rows is more than enough.

Kam and Todd Hicks like this.
  8. Kam

Kam Coaching Member

Also Signature font style.....!!!(y)

Recently i have seen new member add big font style in his signature. It's looks bad...

9. RodaTL

RodaTL Advisor Member

Confidence coach, entrepreneur, registered nurse
    Thank you for this trend. I wish all forums had it so clear. Yes, the time spent to communicate with the forum members and the quality of content should be the criteria for approval of links to members' websites. After all, people come to forums for support and nonjudgmental communication. If you have the knowledge, you should be able and willing to share it with others, even if it is for free sometimes. That only builds the trust in you that you have even more valuable knowledge to offer in the future. But what is really a great opportunity in a forum like this, is the exchange of ideas. We have become so detached from true conversation in our family relationships, at multiple levels, that trying to spam forums just for the sake of selling something simply further emphasizes the lack of appreciation for a good discussion. Thanks again.

Marvin Tampus likes this.
  10. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    Probably most of us forum members are honest users who just use our profiles and signatures to post our website links. I'm so glad we can do this here and many other forums although some forum owners will ban you for life for "spam" without warning or notification for inserting links into your signature.

11. Queue

Queue Coaching Member

I'm find that I enjoy the feedback, and good exchange of thoughts. Since my website is made up of mostly resource & helpful information, I appreciate the interaction along with the common interests. It provides a grounded sense of direction.

12. Rinat Saber

Rinat Saber Member

Director of Distributions
    Awesome thread msuccess! Thank you for creating a community of personal development enthusiasts. The road to success can be so lonely sometimes, at least for me it has, I'm just glad to connect with like minded individuals. Blessings.

13. Queue

Queue Coaching Member

Welcome, new member Rinat Saber. I agree, it's good to have a place to converse with people that have some kind of goal orientation. Self-improvement to me is a ongoing desire to learn.

14. Ricardo Ortiz

Ricardo Ortiz Advisor Member

Clinical Psychotherapist
    New member I am a practicing clinical psychotherapist and hope to provide great knowledge, feedback and participation.

15. jawediqbal

jawediqbal New Member

Hi all! I am new here & I will try to follow these rules.