Relationship with my brother

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Nancy, Nov 4, 2017. Replies: 2 | Views: 81

1. Nancy

Nancy New Member

l have toxic relationship with my brother that eats away at me. I overdosed on some pills because l am a caregiver to my 90 yr old mom and things were getting to me . I had no help from him or my sister. He went and told my sister what l did and actually told lies about me that were untrue. My sister and l don’t talk. My mother doesn’t want to see my sister which my sister hasn’t seen my mom in 11 yrs anyway. The burden is on me except now my daughter has stepped up to help me. I can’t forget ,forgive or trust my brother again because he tells so many lies about me. I just want to forget about him. His wife tried to get my mom committed to a nursing home and l had to tell her off because it was none of her business. Am l wrong with my decision to forget about him my life is toxic with him in it.

2. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

I see nothing wrong with distancing yourself from him. Hopefully you can release the negative feelings he's created in you and move on without doing anything that just makes things worse between you. It seems too often, relationship issues just spiral and get worse because of the back and forth "you did that, so I'll do this".

3. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Thanks for answering my post. I didn’t know if anyone would reply after posting it.