When Saturn goes retrograde, the planet appears to be moving backward from the earth. Although it’s a mere eye trick, it’s considered symbolic by every astrologer.
As Saturn is retrograde 45 days a year, about a third of people are born during this period. So if you have Saturn retrograde in birth chart, here’s everything you need to know.
The Meaning of Retrograde Saturn in Your Natal Chart
When Saturn retrograde happens in your birth chart, you can expect to feel heightened boundaries and limits. It happens because Saturn, as mentioned, oversees discipline, boundaries, and limitations.
As such, you may suffer from the following issues:
Difficulty Expressing Yourself
If your birth chart corresponds to retrograde, then you might find it hard to put your thoughts into words.
On the other hand, you might have different ways of expressing yourself.
Saturn retrograde in the natal chart suggests the absence of a father figure. In most cases, these people have been given a vast responsibility at such a young age.
Since Saturn helps you get in touch with this person representing discipline and authority, this may hamper your effort to build security and self-esteem.
Saturn’s effects make it hard for retrogrades to establish healthy boundaries. Be it intimate or career-related relationships, their feelings drive them to say yes, even if they don’t want to.
These people don’t want to let others down, even if it’s at their expense.
In the end, such people repress fear and end up feeling inadequate. Even if they’ve done their best, they think they could do more.
Despite these issues, success awaits those born at the height of retrograde planets. Once they learn how to tune their negative thoughts, they can focus on personal growth.
What Happens During Saturn Retrograde
The activity of retrograde planets, such as Mercury and Neptune, often leads to weakened qualities.
As for Saturn retrograde, it’s the other way around. It’s the malefic planet, after all. It rules wisdom, karma, responsibility, and time. While it’s cold and harsh, it helps you build authority and status in your life.
Saturn, a slow-moving planet, may transit for two and a half months. Should your natal chart coincide with this period, you stand to experience 11 months of retrograde.
Expectedly, when the planet goes retrograde, you’ll feel fear, frustration, burden, and intense pressure.
Since it takes quite a while, the activity of retrograde planets makes it suitable for revisiting and understanding things. At the same time, you can use this energy to achieve continuous improvement.
Additionally, the retrograde of this ‘Lord of Karma’ can help you sort things out.
Just think of everything you can do in 11 months!
What Happens During Saturn Retrograde Transit
During the retrograde, things happen according to the horoscopes in the way.
Generally speaking, here’s what may occur when the planet moves through the zodiac signs:
- 1st house. The security you feel is fake. You should go and focus on what you’ll be, not what you are now.
- 2nd house. It’s all about the money! Remember, this event plays on your desire for security.
- 3rd house. The lesson for this month is this: you need to be more precise than ever. Though you’re good at communicating, some people can end up misinterpreting your ideas.
- 4th house. You may feel sad because of your family leaving. For example, your child might be going to college soon. Although this is the case, it’s the perfect time to focus on your other blessings.
- 5th house. In proper retrograde action, this month should be about setting boundaries.
- 6th house. You owe it to your karma to stay humble. You could do this by directing your energy to your current skills.
- 7th house. Don’t forget your close relationships! Work on it, or else you’ll regret it.
- 8th house. Face it: there are things you can’t control. Despite your karmic need to control all things, this could significantly affect your mental health.
- 9th house. It’s not pleasant to question your beliefs, but this is a sign that you should.
- 10th house. Do you hate your career? Now’s the time to try and get out of it.
- 11th house. If you’re not happy with a specific group in your life, now’s the time to go with another.
- 12th house. You may feel intense emotions during this stage. It’s all about coping, and the best way to do so is to reach out to others.
Saturn is the planet that rules wisdom, responsibility, and karma. During retrograde, its effects get more pronounced.
When you have this for your birth chart, you’ll likely find it hard to express yourself. Likewise, you may be plagued by issues of low self-esteem and poor boundaries.
Despite these problems, you can make the most out of Saturn retrograde. It’s a matter of channeling negative thoughts and using them for the better.
This article cannot be re-published without permission.