If you want your company to produce an excellent product on the market, then you must professionally complete all the main stages of production.
Testing is one of the most important phases in software development as at the testing stage, all the shortcomings in the work are identified, and ways to solve them are found. STLC, or software testing life cycle, is an algorithm of actions that are performed during software testing.
It is significantly important to divide the project into some separate stages. Thus, the task will be completed properly. There are several testing steps:
- Analysis of claims. At this stage, each tester divides tasks into those that he can and cannot test. According to the selected tasks, the QA lead distributes them to all team members. Tasks are then prioritized for ease of completion. If the requirements for the task are not clear or incomplete, then the tester turns to the customer or analyst for additional information.
- Effort assessment. At this stage, test managers draw up a project plan and choose the most profitable implementation in terms of budget and labor costs.
- Development of test cases. The tester develops cases for the project. Then, these cases are sent for review to colleagues or managers.
- Case testing. Tests are performed with previously developed data. It is one of the critical stages of development. It can be performed simultaneously with the development of test cases.
- Test activation. At this stage, preparatory tests are activated. In case of errors, the test is sent to the development team for correction and revision. Then, the material is retested.
- Completion of testing. All testers who have worked on the project meet to discuss the best strategies for implementing the project based on the tests done.
Tips to boost the quality of testing:
- Properly plan and document the whole process of work at all stages.
- Hire a qualified and well-coordinated team. Testers with programming skills have an advantage.
- Improve the qualifications of specialists by additional courses and questionnaires of knowledge. Thus, specialists keep up with the times and technology.
- Communicate personally with the team. Face-to-face communication allows you to discuss misunderstandings and other issues that can affect team relationships and, subsequently, productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct group team meetings to identify potential problems early. This makes it easier to troubleshoot and analyze errors.
This article cannot be re-published without permission.